Friday, March 25, 2011

Almost done!

I'm nearly done with my skirt! I still need to sew the head and hand finish around the zipper. I'm including a few pictures of the skirt on the table now but will model it when I get finished. I was surprised when I tried it on last night how plain it is. I loved the brown and wanted a plain skirt but am not sure it is really the best color for me. I'll see what I have to go with it when I'm done.

This is my first invisible zipper! It went in relatively painlessly but I am still working on hand sewing down the top of the zipper so I can fold the seam allowance down.

I actually zigzagged the edges of most of my pieces so that I wouldn't have a bunch of it unraveling. As you can see, this fabric frays a lot so I either need to do something else to the edges or make a closer zigzag. I might try French seams next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment