Saturday, February 19, 2011

Makeup Brush Holder



I finished something today! I saw a darling makeup brush holder on Louise's blog (vintagegiraffe.blogspot.com) and since I will be traveling soon, I decided to make one similar to it. I used items I had on hand. The red fabric was from a yard I bought at a quilt shop because it was cute. I had no idea what I would do with it. the light blue seam binding was all I had that wasn't a shade of red that clashed with the fabric. It was unfortunately only a quarter inch wide. Next time I will use wider seam binding. It was really very difficult to get it to stay on the edge of the fabric. I'm sure there are easier and neater ways to do this, but I am happy with the result and very happy that I finished it!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Karen, This looks brilliant.
    I'm glad I have inspired someone to do something!!

    I've got a bag and those cushions that I'm still plodding on with. xx

    ReplyDelete