Saturday, February 26, 2011

Skirt Decision

Since I decided to make a skirt next, I have been trying to decide which pattern to use. I have a hard time trying to make things fit the way I want them to so I decided to go with a skirt pattern from Simplicity's Amazing Fit collection. I like this skirt because it has separate pieces for a curvy fit (which I am so not), an average fit and a slim fit. The terminology throws me a bit here. I am not a slim person but I don't carry my weight in my hips. I decided to go with the slim fit. The front pattern pieces are the same for each of the different hip styles and the back pieces are slightly different. I've cut out the correct pieces and am going to iron them today and then start looking for my fabric. The envelope recommends several kinds of fabrics that are all fairly light weight. I assume so that it drapes nicely. I'll be looking for a lightweight denim, wool, or gabardine.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Karen, a good start on the skirt. Personally I would aim for Wool as it could be versatile, dress it up and dress it down and it would still work.

    I've tried emailing your address again, but I guess they still aren't getting through, which is strange as the first couple have.xxx

    ReplyDelete